Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Counting the Days

Yes, I am counting the days until I am actually in Davos.  On Monday, August 26, I will awaken in my new home in Switzerland.  While it has taken months to complete all the details of my arrival in Switzerland, I am in the final moments before my departure.  Now there are so many good-byes.  It has taken leaving the place I have lived in for the past 28 years to realize the love I feel for this place and most importantly, the love that I feel for all the people I have come to know.

There have been so many "Good-Byes."

There have been 'Good-bye Parties, Lunches and Dinners', good bye waves from the man who I meet each time I walk Indy,  good-byes and warm wishes from colleagues and friends.  
Scarf from Joyce!

Then last night my dear neighbor, Joyce came over to say Good-bye.  She arrived bearing gifts!  I have been thinking I would like to buy a scarf, one of those scarves that are in a loop instead of one long piece of material that you wrap around your neck.  The ends of these scarves are sewn together to create a circle.  Well, I never bought one, but I wished I had.  Joyce's going away gift was 2 scarves and one was a 'circle scarf'!  Even thinking about it brings tears to my eyes...it was like a little miracle.  Joyce brings me the kind of scarf I wanted to buy, but didn't.   Magic moments.  

Full Moon Over Davos

So now I prepare for the magic moments that await me in Davos.  Moments like seeing a full moon shining it's glow through the clouds, illuminating the outline of the Alps.  Here is a picture of that full moon taken by Ray from the balcony of our apartment.  I look at this moon and realize it's the same moon that shines it's light on everyone on earth;  all my friends here in the states and all the new friends I will meet in Switzerland.  



While I am filled with gratitude for all the expressions of love shown me as I leave, I feel deep appreciation for what I will experience in Davos - and beyond, for who knows what adventures I will have, or who I will meet, or where I will go.  How can I feel sad and excited at the same time?  Easy, when there is so much love, everywhere I look.

Bis zum nächsten Mal., auf Wiedersehen (until next time, good-bye)
Marybeth

No comments:

Post a Comment